Everybody loves apple pie!
This recipe is a little different from the original recipe, it does not have puff pastry or pastry cream. It´s made of a base of sponge cake with apple, covered with more apple and with another crispy cover, an APPLE CRUMBLE, originally from England. This is the perfect apple pie to serve after any meal!
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweetener or 100 gr. sugar
- 75 gr. lactose-free butter
- Lemon zest
- 1 yogurt
- 100 gr. ground almonds
- 200 gr. gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 8 apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
Mix the eggs with the lemon zest, butter and sugar. Beat well until it is sparkling. Add the yogurt and vanilla, and beat again. Set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients: flour, yeast, almonds and ginger. Then add three peeled and sliced apples to the dry ingredients. Add this mixture to the previous cream we´ve made, and mix with a spatula.
We lined a mold with baking paper, and cover with this mixture. Peel and cut into slices the rest of the apples, and place on top of the base of the cake.
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 35 gr. butter – lactose free
- 12 chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients until they acquire a crumb consistency
- Bake at 180ºC for approximately 40 minutes
APPLE CREAM WHISKY
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 shot of whiskey
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener or 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 apples slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, and let it boil for five minutes. Remove from heat and pass through the blender, removing the cinnamon.
When serving, mix with the apple cream and whiskey.
Although the apple crumble is the most common, you can also prepare it with other fruits, such as: strawberries, mango, grapes, peach .