THE MOST DELICIOUS CREAM EVER
One of the more delicious creams in baking is the English cream, lemon curd, which is made of eggs, butter and lemon. Despite being a citrus cream, it is not bitter, it has a powerful lemon flavor.
You can use it in an infinite number of recipes: yoghurts, biscuits, cheesecakes, fruit salads! It is so addictive!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 125 sugar
- 80 ml. lemon juice
- 70 gr. Butter
- 1/2 lemon zest
1. Add the sugar and lemon zest to the Thermomix bowl, for 30 seconds, speed 10.
2. Add the lemon juice, butter, eggs and cornstarch, set for 20 minutes, 90ºC, speed 4.
- 1 vanilla yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr. yeast flour
- 80 ml. sunflower oil
- 100 gr. sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla aroma
1. Place in the thermomix bowl, the sugar and the egg, set for 2 minutes, speed 4.
2. Add yogurt, flour, oil and vanilla, set for 30 seconds, speed 4.
3. Prepare the mold, spraying it with mold release spray, or smearing it with butter; put the dough in the mold, and surround the edges of this with aluminum foil or a wet kitchen cloth, so we can make the cake bake without the typical mountain in the center. Bake at 180ºC, with heat up and down.
While the cake cools, we prepare the cake cover.
LEMON CURD JELLO
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 envelope of neutral gelatin
- 2 cups of lemon curd
1. Put water and jello in the thermomix cup, set for 2 minutes, 80ºC, speed 3. Reserve in a bowl to temper for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the lemon curd cream to the bowl, and with the rods, manually, mix with the hydrated gelatine.
3. Without removing the cake from the mold, cover with the lemon curd jelly, reserve in the refrigerator until serving time.
4. You can decorate as you like, I wanted to add a touch of color, and decorate with raspberries.